
To quote one of my favorite radio personalities, Teresa Strasser, "it is quite a precipitious fall" from the occassional beer, the few glasses of wine here and there, the occassional Ambien when you can't sleep, to....NOthing. It is precipitous.
I never felt like I was much of a "drinker" but not being able to drink at all, like an ice cold beer after a day or riding, with the glass so icy it's sweating beads of refreshing goodness onto the table...a glass of wine with a delicious dinner, a cocktail with friends after work... it made me miss it as though I'd been a huge wino. I know it's the fact that you CAN'T HAVE it, that makes you want it more. The fact that it is, for-bi-den! Ha!
But, no, folks, there will be NO numbing of the senses, of any kind. One can only IMAGINE...
And there are a lot of new senses, I don't understand. But I welcome each and every one of them with an open mind, open arms and an open heart.Let's just leave the toilet seat open and up, too. Just in case...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment