Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello baby!

We are pregnant! We are officially building a baby.

Our little grape at 9 weeks and 2 days: Hello everybody that may find themselves curious enough to be here. Needless to say, we are ecstatic beyond belief. I decided to start this blog as a way not only to share our journey with those that may want to follow it, but also as a place where I may write things down, compile and organize the tons and tons of information that's out there and try to make sense of my own thoughts, and feelings about the whole thing.

First you receive the news and for the first few months they don't seem real. Well, the started to feel somewhat real to me at around week 6.5 when Mr. Nausea announced his arrival and knocked me on my ass. I figured out the nausea trick pretty quick. Or so I thought. First, for about a week I couldn't eat anything. For 4 days I could not keep anything down. Then, slowly, I was keeping down chicken broth and then was able to eat again. Once I felt better the trick was just to keep my belly full. Finally doing much better by week 11. Then by week 12 super nauseaus again. There's just no rhyme or reason to this thing.

Now, the FATIGUE is another story. Most days I feel like I've been ruffied. I look around for any suspicious character that might have slipped something in my drink. My, non-alcoholic drink, no less. On good days I just want to nap.


We have the most amazing Doctor. Dr. Oster. She was recommended to me by a good friend at work and she was right about her on every level. She is kind, sweet, CARING and knowledgeable. And she makes you feel like she is just as concerned as you are with every little thing. We have had a few ultrasounds. The were a little blob, a grape, an ant. It wasn't until week 11 when we did our "first trimester" screening that it ALL FELT SO REAL and surreal at the same time.

We saw the little guy/or girl in there, kicking around, reaching around with his/her arms and legs, doing a little dance for us. It was so crazy. He/she looked like a little tiny alien. Of course every week he/she has a new name, one that corresponded with the fruit or food source the websites compare its size to week by week.

For example, week 6 was "Lentil Bean" so we called him/her beanie baby. Week 7 was "Blueberry" so he was my boy blue. (Think the movie Old School..."you're my boy blueeee!). Then it was grape, kumquat, etc. You get the idea. At 11 weeks his name is Fig Newton as he's the size of a fig. That's when we saw him/her. A fig with tiny arms and legs with a little alien head. At 12 weeks it's a lime... etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment